CMB Microscope Facility
The CMB Microscope Facility has five fluorescence microscopes for fixed tissues and live cell imaging. The microscope can be used by internal (CMB) users and external users (other KI departments or off campus). Internal and external users are welcome to use the microscopes of the Microscope Facility at CMB. All users have to get a short introduction in the basics of the microscope they would like to use before they will have permission to book the microscope and before they have access to the microscope.
We have the following microscopes at the CMB microscope facility:
- Automated fluorescent imaging and cellular analysis system ImageXpress Micro for high throughput experiments: multi-well plates of various sizes, different fluorescent channels, time lapse imaging.
- Zeiss Confocal Microscope LSM510: analysis of fixed samples, 3D imaging.
- Zeiss Confocal Microscope LSM510 META: live cell imaging, fixed samples, bleaching and photoactivation techniques, spectral analysis, 4D imaging.
- DeltaVision Spectris Deconvolution Microscope: live cell imaging, fixed samples, 4D imaging.
- Angstrom Grid Confocal Microscope: live cell imaging, fixed samples, 4D imaging, photobleaching and activation techniques.
For image analysis, we have the Volocity software. This software can be used for visualisation, quantification, and restoration. The Volocity image analysis software is also available for quantification and analysis of images aquired on different systems like from the Angstrom grid & Zeiss LSM510 confocal microscopes, and TIFs. The analysis workstation can be booked and used seperately from the microscopes. Please visit our website for more detailed information.
Please visit our website for rules, guidelines and a price list, as well as our electronic online booking system, please visit our website for links.