Medicinal Chemistry Hit2Lead, DDDP
Medicinal Chemistry - Hit2Lead is a facility at the Drug Discovery and Development Platform established as a national academic resource at SciLifeLab in 2013. The first priority for the platform is to support integrated drug discovery and development projects utilizing most of the facilities within the platform – which represent a minimal toolbox of infrastructure and expertise needed for early drug discovery. A second priority is to offer service from the individual facilities in projects related to drug discovery and development.
The Medicinal Chemistry - Hit2Lead facility identifies promising early small molecule leads for further optimization. The aim is to have dedicated scientists working together with different academic groups to develop lead compounds with a promising profile for proof-of-concept animal studies. We are 5 medicinal chemists and 1 computational chemist with experience of industrial drug discovery chemistry. — Give us a hit and we will design and synthesize you a lead!
- Access to >200.000 compounds for screening.
- Organic synthesis of bioactive small molecules.
- High-speed synthesis capabilities.
- Compound characterization, structure determination and purity analysis.
- Separation of enantiomers on a preparative scale
- Medicinal chemistry expertise.
- Identification and synthesis of analogues to expand hit series.
- Selection and purchase of compounds to make a hit more leadlike.
- Prioritization of compounds for proof-of-concept animal studies.
- Competitive intelligence.
- Molecular Modelling and Computer-based drug design
- Quantitative structure-activity relationships and cheminformatics.
- Virtual screening.
The Platform Offer — 40 industrially experienced scientists and 12 academic professors are ready to help the Swedish academic community translate drug discovery ideas into medical therapies. We contribute with advice and hands-on-research in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether it be a short consultation, or years of engagement, our goal is to bring your ideas towards preclinical Proof-of-Concept.
The Platform Deal — No ownership, no salary costs, confidentiality as needed. The academic researcher owns the project, and only pays user fees for consumables and service.
Please contact us for a discussion around your ongoing academic research.