National Mass Cytometry Facility
Mass Cytometry (CyTOF) is one of the most advanced single cell technologies, where comprehensive phenotyping and functional profiling of cells is performed with the ability to measure greater than 40 markers per cell. It helps in systems level understanding of biology in health and disease. Cellular targets are labeled with metal-tagged antibodies and detected and quantified by time-of-flight mass spectrometry (CyTOF2™, Fluidigm). We are a National facility offering service at 2 nodes: Stockholm and Linköping. At Stockholm node, we are based at Scilifelab in Alfa 1 where we provide state-of-the-art Mass cytometry analysis to the entire Swedish research community (http://cytof.scilifelab.se/).
State-of-the art Mass Cytometry (CyTOF™, Fluidigm Inc.) and automated sample handling @Stockholm node.
Assurance of quality
Customer given primary samples are tested for viability both after thawing and resting of cells overnight. Only when the cell quality is acceptable, they are used in mass cytometry experiments.
- Standardized Mass Cytometry experiments on customer provided samples are performed using validated panels of metal-coupled antibodies. We offer different Ab panels, from which the customer can choose based on the research question. In addition, we customize Abs for a limited number of markers to add/replace some markers from the validated Ab panels.
- A robotic platform set up is used for staining cells in an automated fashion.
- Cellular barcoding is also performed that enables more homogenous cell staining.
- We also perform technology development of new experimental assays and reagents as well as novel data analysis tools.
- Automated pipelines for analysis have also been set up to analyze CyTOF ouput data
Cells are delivered to our facility as Cryopreserved samples in dry ice. For PBMC isolation, blood collection should be done in heparinized tubes. Please contact us for additional information.
The team for the National Mass Cytometry Facility @Stockholm node.