NGI Genomics at SciLifeLab
The technical development in the genomics area has been overwhelming in recent years and the next generation sequencing instruments now allow large-scale genomics on a previously unattainable scale. The next-generation DNA sequencing techniques can be used for a variety of studies: whole genome resequencing, complete exome sequencing, de novo sequencing, transcriptome profiling including quantification and identification of transcript isoforms and miRNAs, ChIP-Seq to detect transcription binding sites across the genome and targeted sequencing of amplicons such as 16S rRNA genes and metagenomic sequencing of microflora genomes.
Modern genome analyses critically depend on expertise in computational biology (e.g. bioinformatics, biostatistics, and theoretical systems biology). Such expertise is closely integrated with the NGI unit hosted at SciLifeLab in order to optimize throughput, data handling, and basic analysis.
- Whole-genome sequencing on Illumina HiSeq X
- Strand-specific RNA seq and small RNA-seq on Illumina HiSeq 2500
- De novo genome sequencing
- Sequencing of finished library
- Other applications including 10X Genomics Chromium, low input RNA-seq, ATAC seq, Bisulphite and oxitative bisulphite sequencing and RAD seq are at different stages of initial testing, development and validation. If you are interested in any of these applications, please contact us.
For more information about our services and for making an order, please use ngisweden.scilifelab.se
For any other inquiries, including specific questions about the services, please e-mail NGI Stockholm at email@example.com.