Uppsala Biobank supports academic and health care research. The support includes, a) guidance and advice at the time for starting up new research projects that includes sample collection for biobanking, b) IT support (LIMS) for complete traceability of sample, sampling conditions and sample storage. Biobank IT system (LIMS) integrated to hospital healthcare IT system to facilitate sample collection within the hospital healthcare and for accurate sample information, and c) sample collection trough Akademiska sjukhuset core facilities. Sample collection trough Uppsala Biobank ensures high quality by a collaboration with the Akademiska Laboratoriet (Klinisk kemi och faramkologi and Klinisk patologi och cytologi), at Akademiska sjukhuset. The skilled and experienced staff at the Akademiska Laboratoriet guarantees efficient and safe sample handling.
Uppsala Biobank can offer a core facility for storage, where individual low temperature freezers can be placed or space in freezers can be rented.
Uppsala Biobank facilitates for researcher to perform biobanking projects, and at the same time makes sure that the legitimate rules - Biobanks in Medical Care Act, are followed.
- Guidance on sample handling and sample collection
- Biobank IT system (LIMS) integrated to hospital healthcare IT system to facilitate sample collection within the hospital healthcare and for accurate sample information.
- Collaboration with clinical laboratories at Akademiska sjukhuset for integrated sample collection
- Robotized procedures for aliquoting serum and plasma
- DNA/RNA extraction (starts in 2012)
- Long-term storage in - 80°C
- Biobank IT system (LIMS) for all research sample collections within the Uppsala Biobank for complete sample traceability.
Please contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org